Regular School Hours for 2013–2014
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:55AM – 4:30PM
Wednesday 7:55AM – 2:45PM
9:00am until 12:00pm
Log on to PowerSchool.
We are accepting applications for the 2014-2015 school year! Download the application in English y en Espanol here.
Commitment to Excellence
Student success at KIPP schools requires a partnership between parents, students, and teachers that puts learning first. In order to join the KIPP team and family, all three parties are required to sign the “Commitment to Excellence,” which ensures that each will do whatever it takes to make achievement possible.
Download KIPP Bayview Academy’s complete Commitment to Excellence.
The expectations for all KIPP Bayview Academy students are clear. By the end of the eighth grade, KIPP Bayview Academy students will be prepared for success in the best high schools across the city of San Francisco and across the country. Yet most of our students enter the fifth grade reading and doing math far below grade level.
KIPP Bayview Academy curricula are constructed around grade level standards. Teachers begin each school year by planning their scope and sequence. Teachers start with the California state standards, and then plan the year around these standards, selecting textbooks and other resources, designing assessments, and constructing an overall curriculum for the year. The principal reviews the scope and sequence with each teacher at the beginning of the year, and throughout the year, to ensure that all students are on track to meet all standards.
Teachers are observed by the principal regularly, and observed by their peers regularly as well. Informal observations are ongoing and keep alive the discussion about instruction. Teachers work to refine their teaching and assessments, using research-based programs
KIPP Bayview Academy believes that for its students to become successful, contributing members of society they must also achieve non-academic goals. By the end of eighth grade, KIPP Bayview Academy students will:
- demonstrate the core values of KIPP Bayview Academy: integrity, initiative, excellence, responsibility, tenacity, and positivity
- speak persuasively in public
- understand the concept of time and place, serving others and that there are no shortcuts and no excuses
- understand that many things in life can be attained by practicing the following: Work hard. Be nice. Think.
- understand that using language appropriately will help to get students what they want
- work with others and independently in an effective manner
- make sound decisions (about, among other things, their own health and safety)
- introduce themselves professionally, shaking hands and looking people in the eye
Local Education Agency Plan
To learn about KIPP Bayview’s LEA plan, click here.