**We are now accepting applications to become a Founding Teacher in San Jose and San Francisco. To apply to teach at any other KIPP Bay Area School, select the Lead Teacher option. Click Apply Online for more details.**
If you experience any technical issues with the application process, please click here to send a message to the technical support team. Note: At this time, we do NOT recommend using Safari as your browser. Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome are recommended.
We will not consider any full-time teaching applicants who will not have a valid preliminary, clear or equivalent out-of-state credential by the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year. An ideal candidate has at least one year of full-time teaching experience as a classroom teacher of record.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that all children, regardless of race or economic status, deserve a great education. To that end, our seven high-achieving public charter schools serve educationally underserved communities across the Bay Area. Our mission is to develop in our students the knowledge, skills and character essential to thrive in college, shape their futures, and positively impact the world.
In carrying out our mission, KIPP Bay Area Schools must ensure that our staff is composed of individuals who, through their knowledge; commitment; and understanding of student needs and effective teaching, can ensure all of our students climb the mountain to and through college. As a result, diversity amongst teachers and staff is critical to our mission.
- believe all students — regardless of academic or socioeconomic background — will achieve at the highest levels
- hold a valid teaching credential (please see http://www.ctc.ca.gov/ to learn more)
- have at least one year of full-time teaching experience, and preferably have worked with underserved youth
- possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
- teach in our extended day and year schedule (see specific school pages to learn more)
- contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
- communicate well with students, families and colleagues
- first become thoroughly familiar with this website and with www.kipp.org.
- you must click here to be considered for any KIPP Bay Area Schools teaching position.